I heard this poem and was so touched by it. We are approaching our final decision about Thailand, and as we near it, the reality becomes so much greater, and my emotions so much stronger, and my fears so much larger. I don't want to have sufferings, but I do want know God. And it seems that the Bible makes it clear, you can't have one without the other. I know there is so much good and so many blessings that come with a decision like this, but right now my heart is dwelling on all the hard things. But God gives only good gifts, remember...
I stood a mendicant of God before His royal throne
And begged Him for one priceless gift that I could
call my own.
I took the gift from out His hand, but as I would
depart
I cried, ‘But Lord! this is a thorn! and it has pierced
my heart.
This is a strange, a hurtful gift which Thou hast
given me.’
He said, ‘My child, I give good gifts and gave My
best to thee.’
I took it home, and though at first the cruel thorn
hurt sore,
As long years passed I learned at last to love it
more and more.
I learned He never gives a thorn without this added
grace:
He takes the thorn to pin aside the veil that hides
His face.
Martha Snell Nicholson
We're praying for you guys and your decision. Call any time if you ever want to talk.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Ash