Well, thank you everyone for your immediate prayers! I can't help but smile right now. The dog which I always spoke so fondly of, is missing...
God removed him from our lives in the most gracious way possible (I think he did this because of prayers from those I love).
Yesterday, Brett and Obie left for church on the pedal bike and carriage. Because "Bear" so badly wanted to follow them I begrudgingly held her sweetly in my arms. When the two were finally out of sight, I (did not kill her! How could you be thinking such a terrible thing about me!) set her down. She dashed to this small corner of the gate, where she has still managed to find her way through a tiny opening, even after all of our efforts to make it escape-proof. She is a really smart little dog. She bolted down the street almost got attacked by a few guard-man's adopted strays. She since has not returned.
I believe she is either lost (which is the most unlikely), dead, picked up by the "pound" (also unlikely- the streets are the "pound") or found someone who loves her more and feeds her better. If she is on the streets I am very sorry to say we have given the "gift that keeps on giving" to the community --- she is not neutered, yet.
Brett has searched once, but we plan to no more. Once is sufficient I believe.
Why this is so gracious of God is:
1. I did not want to tell Obie that Mommy and Daddy were getting rid of the dog. (who is actually taking it much better than I expected. Maybe he was getting sick of her too?)
2. She did not RUN AWAY, technically, which would make me feel terrible if she had because then I would felt like a terrible dog owner.
3. It is a little bit of a knock to one's pride to get rid of her only a month after getting her. That means we would of had to admit to making a rash decision, and now we don't have to. (But I can if you like).
Thank you everyone! If you were praying for God to relieve me from some stress, He already has obliged.
And I am feeling freer and happier every time I walk outside.
P.S. I am so sorry to all the dog-lovers reading this. This must be heart-wretching and make us look so heartless. Which I believe we really are heartless in this area. Which is why Brett played the song "How could you be so heartless" after rejoicing when Bear did not return that evening. We apologize.
Love you all! I will let you know if she returns.
God removed him from our lives in the most gracious way possible (I think he did this because of prayers from those I love).
Yesterday, Brett and Obie left for church on the pedal bike and carriage. Because "Bear" so badly wanted to follow them I begrudgingly held her sweetly in my arms. When the two were finally out of sight, I (did not kill her! How could you be thinking such a terrible thing about me!) set her down. She dashed to this small corner of the gate, where she has still managed to find her way through a tiny opening, even after all of our efforts to make it escape-proof. She is a really smart little dog. She bolted down the street almost got attacked by a few guard-man's adopted strays. She since has not returned.
I believe she is either lost (which is the most unlikely), dead, picked up by the "pound" (also unlikely- the streets are the "pound") or found someone who loves her more and feeds her better. If she is on the streets I am very sorry to say we have given the "gift that keeps on giving" to the community --- she is not neutered, yet.
Brett has searched once, but we plan to no more. Once is sufficient I believe.
Why this is so gracious of God is:
1. I did not want to tell Obie that Mommy and Daddy were getting rid of the dog. (who is actually taking it much better than I expected. Maybe he was getting sick of her too?)
2. She did not RUN AWAY, technically, which would make me feel terrible if she had because then I would felt like a terrible dog owner.
3. It is a little bit of a knock to one's pride to get rid of her only a month after getting her. That means we would of had to admit to making a rash decision, and now we don't have to. (But I can if you like).
Thank you everyone! If you were praying for God to relieve me from some stress, He already has obliged.
And I am feeling freer and happier every time I walk outside.
P.S. I am so sorry to all the dog-lovers reading this. This must be heart-wretching and make us look so heartless. Which I believe we really are heartless in this area. Which is why Brett played the song "How could you be so heartless" after rejoicing when Bear did not return that evening. We apologize.
Love you all! I will let you know if she returns.
hehe. This made me smile. So I guess I'm just as heartless as you guys when it comes to animals.:)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
haha their is a lesson in everything...one of the reasons GOD is so sovereign. :) luv u guys
ReplyDeleteYou are cheerful and have a great sense of humor in the midst of this tragic(?) incident. haha
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys are still safe and snake-free without the doggy.
Love you!
This is really, really awful and I am so surprised to see so many people laughing about it. Not everyone is cut out to be a pet owner and I'm sure it added another source of stress in your lives, but accidentally-on-purpose losing the dog is not the best answer and I find it difficult to believe it was "god's plan" for you, or for that poor dog. The god I know of would never wish such negligence or disdain on a helpless animal.
ReplyDelete