Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Becoming a blogger...

It is something I never thought I would do. After all, who really cares to read about the mundane happenings in the Steffen's sphere? Then, I began to see the great benefits to blogging after realizing...

  1. I enjoy reading other's blogs
  2. I never plan on scrap-booking
  3. I have a terrible memory
  4. My kids will love this some day
  5. Words/writing helps me process things
I hesitated at this new revelation, despite its many benefits. Doubts arose like a flood, drowning my confidence. And if you know me, you are familiar with my negative self talk :):

  1. It's one more thing on you "un-crossed off" list, titled: "Things to Do"  
  2. You can't write, it will be sooo boring.
  3. You'll start it, and never blog again
  4. If you make a blog, you'll need to come up with a title, and you won't be able to think of anything creative (which came true)
But in the end, I know that I am good at simple math. And it looks to me like the positives have outweighed the negatives by one! Hence... it is the new beginning of the "Brett, Liv, & So on" blog! May the stories and tales begin! And lets hope we have at least one follower, to make this all worth while :), (mom I am counting on you...)!

9 comments:

  1. Liv!!! So fun, I just saw this on fb! It will be fun to keep up with you in this way! I'll add you to my blog roll. :) I have a blog too but it is private - if you want an invite to it let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!:) I'm glad you decided to take the plunge into the blogging world. It will be so good to get updates on your world. Keep it up...it will be worth it when we're old and have something to look back on.:)

    Love you and hope everything is going well with Obie and work and life in general.

    Hope to see you soon!

    Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, liv! That is exactly why I blog as well...mine is swiftloveandlife.blogspot.com....anyways, excited to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! i love that you are doing this. it'll make me feel so much more connected to you guys while in thailand. love you and looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogs are great! If you never plan on scrapbooking, something you can do is turn your blog into a scrapbook. I believe you can go online to blurp.com. It's a great way to have a hardcopy of your blog. Just an idea. Welcome to blog world! Just so you know, I'm a blog stalker:) I have my own but it's private.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you already have more followers than me and i've had a blog for almost 5 years...look at you go! haha, thankful you are blogging, i look fwd to following your guys' lives more closely :D

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another blog to read:). Welcome to the world of blogging. I blog as well, but mine is private as well. Will have to give me email address if you want to read mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw on facebook that you started a blog! Welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay how fun! I will b reading with glee! :)

    ReplyDelete