I don't know how many of you wonder at times if God really answers your prayers. I wonder. Even in departing on our flight, we were assured by countless friends and family of petitions for our journey, I was questioning in my mind how effective they would really be, and if their prayers were necessary (horrible and faithless of me, I know, but its the honest truth). We even received this amazing message from our dear friends in Africa:
"Dear Brett and Liv
From the beginning of this journey, we are in prayer fasting for whole trip. Dan and Gadiella have prayed for Obie and Zion.Joyeuse and me, we prayed for 24 hours without food, without drink for this trip.
Here is the Bible verse that the Holy Spirit has given when we pray for this trip
Daniel 3:25
God bless you
Ezekiel"
So the best of news I can declare to you today is this: Upon reflection of the trip it was a SUPERNATURAL GIFT. This is with out a doubt a gift that was simply inexplainable without giving full credit to the LORD's GRACIOUS HAND upon us, blessing us and our children.
Here are a few ways we have been amazed----
Despite the night of bad weather our plane arrived early! (And we arrived 40 min EARLY to Chaing Mai. This is UNHEARD OF!)
Both kids pooped before getting on the plane. (We did dosed Obie with Benadryl and Zion with ibuprofen multiple times.)
On BOTH flight Brett and Obie had 3 SEATS to themselves! And I had 2 (3 on the second!) Amazing!
Obie was so excited to fly. We were delayed at the gate, for just a moment as they rearranged our seat assignment, and Obie was pulling on my arm saying " I want airplane! "
Obie was so happy to be on the plane (not scared). He was entertained immediately by a movie and loved playing with all of his saved Christmas toys. (Neither child cried during take off or landing!!)
Zion nursed and fell to sleep before we ever took off.
Obie took long naps (at least 3 hours) and went to bed for the night!
Zion was fairly easily comforted the whole time:).
We only had one major meltdown on the 2nd flight, and it resolved quickly. The blessing was that the people on the flight found it more humorous than frustrating. It all began with a "martyr syndrome" mother determined she could make it on her own, who was shuffling 2 kids and 2 drinks and toys, BUT it all spiraled downhill quickly and turned into one little tired hungry monster (Zion), one scurrying monkey (Obie) who fell head first onto Mom's strategically placed hot cup of tea on the floor, 3 frantic stewardess' rushing to find the quickest remedy to the catastrophe while speaking broken english, one mother who was angrily awaking her sleeping husband, and a husband who awoke to a resolved catastrophe and couldn't understand why he was receiving a death stare.
| Zion taking after her brother. "Animals!" |
| Sweet bead head |
| Every square inch of 3 seats used |
| Zion asleep as we taxied to the runway. |
Since arriving…. here are a few more answers to prayer---
On the plane flight I was very much struggling with the whole this "move to Thailand" feeling like a crazy dream; SURELY this cannot be true! I continually need to tell myself: this is real life. ----- After our first day of being here God has been so faithful in answering this prayer! He has helped me embrace the move to Thailand as reality. I am so thankful that it is not feeling surreal.
A week (or so) prior to arrival there were only 5 homes to choose from in the neighborhoods we were hoping to live in. Now there are 15 homes available. Odd, really, it is the middle of the month!?!! How weird! A miracle!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I hope you are encouraged by this to know that GOD DOES HEAR YOUR PRAYERS!!
Thanks for sharing with us, Liv. It is encouraging to hear how God answered prayers and you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete