Resurrect Me- housewife, mom, me
I have been helpless lately… quite pathetic really. I have
been wondering where my passion and drive to be something, anything, something
other than a defeated creature, has gone.
What is overwhelming me? Why am I this… depressed? Is it my
thoughts of having to pack up my house and being so perplexed with where to
even begin? Or my thought of Brett as
the housewife, instead of me; how much more productive that would be? Or how
worthless I feel because my house is not even straightened, so how could I
possibly begin organizing!!??
And then to think
those questions just went through my mind, and that those problems actually
exist… it makes me feel like I have fail at the only thing that I am supposed
to be, a housewife. That is really the ultimate thing God has called me to… a
keeper of the home, a loving mother, a diligent wife, and I just plain suck at
them all!!!
And as I reflect on my life, I wonder… when did my clear driven
dream for the future all become so fogged?
I had big hopes for how terrific I was going to be at this wife/mom
thing. I was going to be supermom! I was going to be just as good as my grandma
who had 8 kids, and raised them all in the era of clothes diapers only!
And then I am back at the beginning again, I’ve come full
circle… I am helpless, pathetic, I will never amount to anything. (Cry on Brett’s shoulder). [I know I am being
stupidly dramatic right now, but seriously, you can’t tell me that you have
never been a basket case].
Brett, thankfully, has taken time to listen to my dilemma
and give me some truth and tough love. Of course to sum up our conversation he
gave me a Rap song to listen too. After
20 seconds of not being able to follow the lyrics, I made me listening,
conditional to him putting the lyrics in front of me! Here they are, and I will
say, they are very encouraging… Thanks Babe!
Video link:
Never imagine myself walking in these shoes
The road I was on was littered with many clues
I didn’t recognize the signs
I couldn’t read them
It was a foreign language
So if you were speaking
I heard the sound
But couldn’t interpret the signal
Cause my ears were not trained
To understand the pitfalls that many talked of
I thought I understood
But I was undermining my understanding
Crash landing
Barely standing
Chaos overrules and overthrows careful planning
So much demanding all of me
Every day all I see is someone or something that needs me
But I got needs too
It’s funny cause I don’t even know what they are
But when I find them I'll probably keep searching for more
Instead of being thankful for what’s provided
Chorus
So resurrect me
Oh won't you resurrect me
Cause I think I’m dead
and if not I’m dying
Bring me back to life
The passion that burned is gone
The laughing just hasn't happened it’s all gone
If you ever looked at me and thought I was strong
Sorry to say you were wrong
What went wrong? I don’t know
I try to trace back every step I took
I look for your smile but it’s somber
I look in the mirror and I’m conquered
Do you concur that this is obscure?
That the perfectly painted picture is now just a blur
My inside gets stirred
I was so innocent
Never knew how bad this life could hurt
And that’s why I live like a
bird
But now I just live like a
burden
I was driven by faith and
purpose
Now I hitchhike cause I’m afraid
to make a wrong turn
Bring me back to life
Resurrect me
Cause I think I’m dead
If not I’m dying
Philippians 3: 7-16
“But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the
sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the
surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost
all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in
him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that
which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on
the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his
resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his
death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have
already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which
Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself
yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and
straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view
of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make
clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.”
it's so easy to get overwhelmed as a mom and feel like we're not doing enough... I was just having that thought about how many things need cleaned and how all I want to do is either be on the computer or take a nap. :)
ReplyDeletedon't be too hard on yourself! you are a great mom and wife!! wish I couldn't seen you at ellie's shower (if you were there!) and given you a big hug and caught up on life. :) keep pressing on, one day at a time. love ya.