Thomas Carlisle's poem "You Jonah" ends with these words...
And Jonah stalked
to his shaded seat
and waited for God
to come around
to his way of thinking.
And God is still waiting for his host of Jonahs
in their comfortable houses
to come around
to his way of loving.
And Jonah stalked
to his shaded seat
and waited for God
to come around
to his way of thinking.
And God is still waiting for his host of Jonahs
in their comfortable houses
to come around
to his way of loving.
Well...I read that twice. =) I always get quite judgmental of Jonah wondering how he could act that way after getting thrown out of a fish and hearing God talk to him directly...but then I remember that I've heard the truth of Jesus coming out of the tomb after three days of death and that I have the Holy Spirit inside me and my head hangs a little lower...and then lower still. what are we thinking?
ReplyDeleteAn