I think that Brett and I sometimes feel so unprepared, unqualified, and unworthy to bring the gospel to people. I was talking with my Aunt Lisa about this (who is an incredible example and inspiration to me), because her testimony of living outward towards the unreached and giving the gospel is so consistent and strong. I think she would agree with this quote by Louie Giglio in his blog about his local church. I need to realize that taking the gospel means intimacy with God. Because God's heart is for his glory, praise comes from his nations coming to him; if we go to them, then are hearts desire is for God to be worshipped.
"We cannot afford to wait until we are a more “mature” church to look outward to the unreached and under-resourced of the world, for the very maturing process of becoming all God has intended us to be is in the going. Jesus said he would be with us on this mission, even to the most remote parts of the earth. So, to be with him is to go. To lose touch with him is to settle and stay." Louie Giglio, Our Local Church and God Global Mission
wow, liv. this brought tears to my eyes. mostly because most days i feel so unqualified, so unworthy, so in need of God's grace that i often wonder... "what am i doing here and how can God possibly use a sinner like me?" but thats the beauty of the Gospel. that God INVITES us, in all our messiness, to come and follow Him knowing full well that we will fail and struggle, but that HE will be our strength, our guide, and our source of everything. its a beautiful thing, really. another one of my favorite quotes that i often repeat to myself is: "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called."
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this Liv. Our hearts are so full since coming back from the conference in MN. I'm am so fearful sometimes that my heart is not prepared to take the gospel to people that are unreached. What an encouragement from Louie that through the process of "going" God grows us to be better equipped to praise and glorify Him. It was so fun seeing you and Brett. You guys are in our prayers!
ReplyDelete